Monday 9 December 2013

Cruise control

The Autobahn V the Motorway and Europe's roads

Having lived and worked in German for over a year and a half I have clocked up a few miles on the German Autobahn. A lot of people think these are Europe's best road. I for one disagree the British motorways are better (I am not suggesting they are Europe's best either) For one there are many myths about the Autobahn
They are limitless in regards speed in fact this has not been true for years most have a speed limit of 130k/mh 80 miles an hour apx. yes there are still section that have no speed limit but not many and is that really safe on often 2 lane and very busy roads with lorry's and coaches unable to travel as fast. Most German motorway/Autobahn are only 2 lanes with no lighting no reflective paint and no cats eyes (The roads in the Czech republic I travelled on had cats eyes) Were I can not think of a British motorway with no cats eyes or reflective lane maker, yes not all motorways are lit.
German autobahns are they as good as often made out to be I don't personally think so just that our motorways are better than their Autobahn based on my time in German

Who has the best road in Europe ?
Fastest? I know that is German even on a average 80 miles and hour UK 70 miles and hour etc
Safest?
Best ? Some one I know suggest this is Italy what do you think?
And what is your favourite road in Europe to travel on/Road journey ? On this one I am maybe biased but love the journey into Hull along the Humber on the A63 flanked by a mighty river and the Humber Bridge framing it all. I all so love travelling along the M62 on the Pennies. And I enjoyed the A6 Autobahn in Germany near Mannheim as it went thru the forest. So I have just cheated I said favourite and suggest 3 roads but there are some great roads in the UK and Europe like the A1 near Berwick.

Thanks for reading please visit the website @ www.clark-trading.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment