Wednesday 29 October 2014

The day I nearly died. My Story

Without a shadow of a doubt the worst day in my life was 1st November 2013, I can not think of a much more harrowing and terrifying experience than what I woke up to that morning.  A Fire! but to make matters worse my fridge freezer was fully ablaze and kicking out very toxic smoke, 3 lung full would have been fatal to put that in perspective 5-6 is what it normally takes. I came within minutes of death. And to be able to say that at an exact date and time in my life I know I was not far from death is/was a terrifying experience, but strangely also liberating after all I survived and am here to tell the tale. And I know that I acted selflessly and put the safety of other first that day before my own, I faced my challenge and emerged stronger for it in the long run.  Thinking back on it I don't recall any fear at the time all that came after or any emotion for that matter.
I went into auto pilot.

It did send me into a darker mindset and shake me up for a while there is no denying that, I second guess every one of my actions. Kept reliving it and various version of it both real and imaginary in my head when I tired to sleep for the first few days.And it snuck up and got me week later when I thought I had got through all of it.

 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment