Saturday 9 May 2015

Where is Hull ?

No I am not taking the mickey there are ''plenty of people who can not place us on the map'' apparently ( in relation to this article from the Hull Daily mail )

I thank the Hull daily mail for asking the question because weather or not they asked it in the right way it raising an interesting point

Does it raise issue of the North- South divide ?
I am not going to answer that and leave it to you to think about.

I don't hold it against them there are plenty of place I can't place and I work in transport well duh I am one of the owner at Clark trading and as we/you know we are a transport company who gets about ( See our Up coming routes )

Now in general I would be more worried about it if you asked say 10,000 and got the same result 26 people is a tiny sample, and let face it people love to slag of other places you may have got the same result if you asked about:

  • Bradford 
  • Newcastle 
  • Lincoln
  • Etc
  • Maybe even York > ? 

And let face it is Hull a place that is in the mind of the average Londoner ?
Most likely not rightly or wrongly, e will not feature in their thinking how often do you think about London ?

I would be more concerned if they could not place

  • Birmingham 
  • Leeds 
So I challenge the +Hull Daily Mail to test their result by:
  • Asking the same question where is Hull again but to more people at least 1000 
  • And ask where is Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester to the same people 
Because these 25 ( 1 did know where Hull was ) may just be bad at geography 


Hull how to find us the clues

  • Northern city 
  • East 
  • Look for the Humber 
  • In Yorkshire 
  • England 


No comments:

Post a Comment