Tuesday 4 February 2014

World Cancer Day 2014

Today the 4th Feb is world cancer day. The scary thing ia that 1 in 3 of us will get some form of cancer and the stats seem to keep getting born out, and there are 200 types of cancer. I have lost 2 family member to cancer. And I don't denie it scarys me and that I hate it. I am proud that I am a registered Bone marrow donor, I hope I am never needed but I am registered just in case I am a match for some one.
A further thing that scarys me about cancer is it is simple cell division gone wrong, simple our body mormal process turn against us. And with 200 types we all are at risk it doesn't mater to weather you smoke drink or don't we all have a risk of some sort of cancer

On World cancer day let us not forget the good work charity like Dove House hospice in Hull do who I am proud to support. I wish we did not need them as condition like cancer, did not exist but they do and until they are defeated we will need the caring people at Dove House Hospice and others like them.

(Dove House cares for Adults in the Hull and East riding Area with a wide range of terminal illness by providing a selection of pallitive care I have only covered Cancer as today is World Cancer day) 

No comments:

Post a Comment